Global Category ManagerPmh - Capital Marketing Sales & Marketing Warrenville, Illinois, US
The Global Category Manager will be directly responsible for the overall global performance of specified categories. This position will develop product assortment and execute marketing strategy to drive financial performance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Lead global category optimization efforts in assigned category to improve cost basis, clearly define 'good better-best' and fill gaps within category
• Review periodic financial performance and sales trends including country and segment analysis. Analyze contributing factors to performance and impact of competitive strategies and prepare regular metrics as defined by leadership
• Develop product portfolios based on geographic locations and channels
• Work with product/brand team to identify branded product opportunities and support new product development using the stage gate process
• Work alongside Global Programs and Go-To Market Team on voice of customer and category insights including conducting market research and translating that research into new products, product improvements, or line extensions
• Conduct annual global SKU rationalization and assign substitute items for discontinued products
• Foster positive relationships with vendors in conjunction with vendor management to secure exclusive contracts, access to new products and pricing
• Working collaboratively within the global marketing department to help define and drive marketing excellence
• Build effective internal global company relationships with sourcing, sales, finance, operations, customer support, marketing and other cross-functional teams to successfully manage product life cycle
• Provide training support as and when required to the global markets for specific training & projects
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum of 4 years of prior marketing, category management or product management or other equivalent job experience; including global responsibility
• Demonstrated ability to influence cross-functional teams
• Proven experience bringing products to market
• Experience managing multiple projects at one time while establishing priorities to meet goals
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Products; Excel skills including v-lookups, pivot tables, Power Point
• Must be a “self-starter” comfortable with taking initiative
Performance Health is a leader in consumer healthcare and the largest global manufacturer and distributor of products to the rehabilitation and sports medicine markets. The company’s products are sold to leading healthcare facilities and practitioners such as physical therapists, athletic trainers, and chiropractors, as well as direct to consumers. Its market-leading brands, which are sold in over 100 countries, include Biofreeze®, TheraBand®, TheraPearl®, Cramer®, Sammons Preston®, and Rolyan®. Performance Health is headquartered in the greater Chicago, Illinois area, with significant operations both in the US and internationally.
Performance Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, and any other characteristic protected by law.
Match Your Skills
With one click and a connection to LinkedIn, we can match you with jobs that best match your experience.Connect with LinkedIn