Category ManagerPmh - Capital Marketing Sales & Marketing Warrenville, Illinois, US
The Product/Category Marketing Manager will be responsible for ownership of product assortment within the assigned product category. This position will develop, drive, and execute marketing strategy, financial performance, vendor relationships, product innovation, new product introduction, and product life cycle management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop customer, segment, sales, and user understanding of assigned category in the marketplace
• Champion Voice of Customer, prioritize product and customer requirements, and make trade-off decisions to successfully define and launch product releases
• Manage new product development utilizing StageGate process
• Build effective internal company relationships with sourcing, sales, finance, operations, customer support, marketing and other cross-functional teams to successfully manage product life cycle
• Develop and manage sku rationalization, brand strategies, and assortment planning to optimize performance of product category
• Develop & deliver sales tools, training materials for internal stakeholders, sales forces and customers
• Conduct market research and translate that research into new products, product improvements, or line extensions by providing leadership to a multi-functional team
• Prepare product forecasts to include revenue and expense expectations with appropriately detailed marketing plans
• Review periodic financial performance and sales trends. Analyze contributing factors to performance and impact of competitive strategies
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree
• 7+ years of prior marketing, category management or product management (healthcare experience preferred)
• Experience negotiating with outside vendors and internal resources
• Ability to travel 10%-25% of the time, including overnight travel
• Demonstrated ability to influence cross-functional teams
• Proven experience bringing products to market
• Experience managing multiple projects at one time while establishing priorities to meet goals
Performance Health is a leader in consumer healthcare and the largest global manufacturer and distributor of products to the rehabilitation and sports medicine markets. The company’s products are sold to leading healthcare facilities and practitioners such as physical therapists, athletic trainers, and chiropractors, as well as direct to consumers. Its market-leading brands, which are sold in over 100 countries, include Biofreeze®, TheraBand®, TheraPearl®, Cramer®, Sammons Preston®, and Rolyan®. Performance Health is headquartered in the greater Chicago, Illinois area, with significant operations both in the US and internationally.
Performance Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, and any other characteristic protected by law.
Match Your Skills
With one click and a connection to LinkedIn, we can match you with jobs that best match your experience.Connect with LinkedIn