Service Technician IPms - Field Sales West Service New York, New York, US
Performance Health, a global leader of medical device and equipment distribution for the physical therapy and rehabilitation markets, is looking for a Service Technician who is interested in the field of bio-medical device and equipment repair.
As a Service Technician, you provide troubleshooting, repair, calibration, and safety inspection of rehab medical devices and exercise equipment. The Service Technician learns and follows manufacturer guidelines relative to repair of devices. Training is supplied by a mentorship program with other technicians, manufacturers and online training courses.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Following specific manufacturer, Federal, State and BRH guidelines related to all repairs.
- Determining equipment, tools and maps needed to complete delivery or install.
- Exchanging of electrotherapy devices and/or accessories for repair.
- Ensuring all equipment is fully functional before leaving customers facility.
- Relaying any specific problems to Service Coordinator/Service Manager following each delivery.
- Completing all related paperwork and managing vehicle inventory.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma
- Technical training in medical equipment/electronics/fitness equipment or related fields preferred
- 1-2 years as a medical equipment and/or fitness equipment service technician preferred
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record required
- Electrical/hydraulic and mechanical experience
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds
- May require some overnight travel and over time
- Strong work ethic with a proven successful track record a must
- Organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Company van, laptop, cell phone are all provided. Remote based position and will not be commuting to a centralized office location. Company credit card is supplied for any field expenses needed to complete a task. All tools to perform job are supplied by Performance Health.
Performance Health is a leader in consumer healthcare and the largest global manufacturer and distributor of products to the rehabilitation and sports medicine markets. The company’s products are sold to leading healthcare facilities and practitioners such as physical therapists, athletic trainers, and chiropractors, as well as direct to consumers. Its market-leading brands, which are sold in over 100 countries, include Biofreeze®, TheraBand®, TheraPearl®, Cramer®, Sammons Preston®, and Rolyan®. Performance Health is headquartered in the greater Chicago, Illinois area, with significant operations both in the US and internationally.
Performance Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, and any other characteristic protected by law.
Match Your Skills
With one click and a connection to LinkedIn, we can match you with jobs that best match your experience.Connect with LinkedIn