Receiving SupervisorPmh - Distribution Manufacturing & Distribution Indianapolis, Indiana, US
Are you looking to join a company where you can shape your future and share your ideas to make it a great place to work? Performance Health is looking for energetic, collaborative superstars to join our team of champions at our new Distribution Center in Indianapolis. At Performance Health, we believe each employee deserves the resources, training and recognition they need to perform better and live their best.
Performance Health is seeking a Receiving Supervisor to join our team in Indianapolis. The Receiving Supervisor oversees the activities of the receiving team. Ensures that all receiving functions are executed accurately and in a timely manner. Works closely with the Department Manager to resolve any performance or personnel issues in the Receiving Department.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Monitors the Receiving Department workload and assigns receiving responsibilities to each Receiver. Updates Department Manager as to receiving operation status
• Participates in the interviewing and selection process and makes recommendations to the Department Manager and/or DC Manager regarding hiring decisions when appropriate
• Participates in the performance review process and makes recommendations for promotions and identifies and communicates the need for disciplinary action when appropriate
• Communicates distribution center, network, and corporate information during daily start up meetings to employees
• Determines proper staffing levels to ensure that all outbound activities remain current
• Provides training to Receiving Department personnel to ensure that all department members fully understand and consistently execute all Receiving Team guidelines.
• Demonstrates thorough understanding of the inventory strategy, efficient DC operation and participates in all major and minor inventory configuration change projects
• Alerts the Department Manager to any irregularities in the product inventory (i.e. count and location errors, product shortages and product damage)
• Works with peers across departments, to insure overall facility success
• Maintains the housekeeping standards. Keeps the Receiving Department neat, removes packaging from the storage locations and maintains the orderliness and cleanliness of the facility work areas
• Operate forklift or other material handling eqiupment
• Performs other duties as assigned
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 2-4 years of warehouse supervision in a high-volume Distribution Center
• Experience with utilizing warehouse performance, safety and efficiency metrics
• Experience with Warehouse Management Systems(WMS)
• Strong math aptitude and quantitative problem solving approach
• Microsoft Office Suite ability including: Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to frame opportunities in a clear, concise and logical manner
• Ability to handle multiple tasks, troubleshoot, problem solve and meet deadlines
• Ability and willingness to obtain a forklift certification (training is provided)
Performance Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, and any other characteristic protected by law.
Match Your Skills
With one click and a connection to LinkedIn, we can match you with jobs that best match your experience.Connect with LinkedIn