Outbound SupervisorPmh - Distribution Manufacturing & Distribution Indianapolis, Indiana, US
Are you looking to join a company where you can shape your future and share your ideas to make it a great place to work? Performance Health is looking for energetic, collaborative superstars to join our team of champions at our new Distribution Center in Indianapolis. At Performance Health, we believe each employee deserves the resources, training and recognition they need to perform better and live their best.
Performance Health is seeking an Outbound Supervisor to join our team in Indianapolis. The Outbound Supervisor oversees the activities of the outbound department. People management responsibilities include training, planning and assigning daily work, performance management, and conflict resolution.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Participates in the interviewing and selection process and makes recommendations to the Department Manager and/or DC Manager regarding hiring decisions when appropriate
• Provides training to outbound personnel to ensure that all department members fully understand and consistently execute all job duties
• Provides direction, assigns responsibilities and motivates Outbound Team to achieve department goals
• Supervises all outbound personnel including setting expectations for behavior and collaborating with the Department Manager to resolve personnel issues
• Participates in the performance review process and makes recommendations for promotions and identifies and communicates the need for disciplinary action when appropriate
• Communicates distribution center, network, and corporate information during daily start up meetings to employees
• Administer policies/procedures in a fair and consistent manner
• Updates shift Department Manager as to outbound operation status
• Determines proper staffing levels to ensure that all outbound activities remain current
• Alerts the Department Manger to any irregularities in the product inventory or processes (i.e. count and location errors, product shortages and product damage)
• Works with peers across departments, to insure overall facility success
• Performs administrative functions including, but not limited to, Daily Ops reports, Attendance Reports, Daily Summary Reports
• Ability to operate equipment as needed with proper training
• Responsible for outbound shipping requirements including Bill of Ladings, Shipment Manifests, Truck Loading, cut off times, etc.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 2-4 years of warehouse supervision in a high-volume Distribution Center
• Experience with utilizing warehouse performance, safety and efficiency metrics
• Experience with Warehouse Management Systems(WMS)
• Strong math aptitude and quantitative problem solving approach
• Microsoft Office Suite ability including: Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to frame opportunities in a clear, concise and logical manner
• Ability to handle multiple tasks, troubleshoot, problem solve and meet deadlines
• Ability and willingness to obtain a forklift certification (training is provided)
Performance Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, and any other characteristic protected by law.
Match Your Skills
With one click and a connection to LinkedIn, we can match you with jobs that best match your experience.Connect with LinkedIn