Outbound LeadPmh - Distribution Manufacturing & Distribution Indianapolis, Indiana, US
Are you looking to join a company where you can shape your future and share your ideas to make it a great place to work? Performance Health is looking for energetic, collaborative superstars to join our team of champions at our new Distribution Center in Indianapolis. At Performance Health, we believe each employee deserves the resources, training and recognition they need to perform better and live their best.
Performance Health is seeking an Outbound Lead to join our team in Indianapolis. The Outbound Lead oversees the activities of the outbound department. People management responsibilities include training, planning and assigning daily work, performance management, and conflict resolution.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Participates in the interviewing and selection process when appropriate
• Provides training to outbound personnel to ensure that all department members fully understand and consistently execute all job duties
• Provides direction, assigns responsibilities and motivates Outbound Team to achieve department goals
• Participates in the performance review process
• Communicates distribution center, network, and corporate information during daily start up meetings to employees
• Administer policies/procedures in a fair and consistent manner
• Updates shift Supervisor as to outbound operation status
• Monitors systems performance
• Alerts the Supervisor to any irregularities in the product inventory or processes (i.e. count and location errors, product shortages and product damage)
• Maintains the housekeeping standards
• Ability to operate equipment as needed with proper training
• Works with peers across departments, to insure overall facility success
• Hands on leadership
• Responsible for outbound shipping requirements including Bill of Ladings, Shipment Manifests, Truck Loading, cut off times, etc.
• Operate forklift or other material handling eqiupment
• Performs other duties as assigned
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 1-3 years of experience in outbound operations for a high volume Distribution Center
• Ability to accurately enter and look up information in computer
• Basic understanding of distribution principles
• Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
• Ability to multi-task
• Working knowledge of MS Office
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
• Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
• Warehouse environment subject to variable temperature and noise levels
• Ability and willingness to obtain a forklift certification (training is provided
Performance Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, and any other characteristic protected by law.
Match Your Skills
With one click and a connection to LinkedIn, we can match you with jobs that best match your experience.Connect with LinkedIn