Inventory Control LeadPmh - Distribution Manufacturing & Distribution Indianapolis, Indiana, US
Are you looking to join a company where you can shape your future and share your ideas to make it a great place to work? Performance Health is looking for energetic, collaborative superstars to join our team of champions at our new Distribution Center in Indianapolis, IN. At Performance Health, we believe each employee deserves the resources, training and recognition they need to perform better and live their best.
Performance Health is seeking an Inventory Control Lead to join our team in Indianapolis. The Inventory Control Lead oversees the activities of the inventory control team. Ensures that all functions are executed accurately and in a timely manner. Works closely with the Supervisor and Department Manager to resolve any performance or personnel issues in the department. Using computer system-generated reports and input from other departments, maintains accurate, sellable inventory within the distribution center.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Monitors the Inventory Control Department workload and assigns responsibilities to each team member. Updates Supervisor as to operational status. Recommends staffing or scheduling changes
• Participates in the interviewing and selection process when appropriate
• Participates in the performance review process
• Communicates distribution center, network, and corporate information during daily start up meetings to employees
• Monitors systems performance
• Provides training to IC Department personnel to ensure that all department members fully understand and consistently execute all. Provides direction and motivates IC Team to achieve department goals
• Demonstrates thorough understanding of the inventory strategy
• Alerts the Supervisor to any irregularities in the product inventory (i.e. count and location errors, product shortages and product damage)
• Perform all duties of Inventory Control
• Works with peers across departments, to insure overall facility success
• Maintains the housekeeping standards. Keeps the DC neat, removes packaging from the storage locations and maintains the orderliness and cleanliness of the facility work areas
• Hands on leadership
• Operate forklift or other material handling equipment
• Performs other duties as assigned
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 1-3 years of experience in inventory control for a high volume Distribution Center
• Ability to accurately enter and look up information in computer
• Basic understanding of distribution principles
• Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly
• Ability to multi-task
• Working knowledge of MS Office
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
• Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
• Warehouse environment subject to variable temperature and noise levels
• Ability and willingness to obtain a forklift certification (training is provided)
Performance Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, and any other characteristic protected by law.
Match Your Skills
With one click and a connection to LinkedIn, we can match you with jobs that best match your experience.Connect with LinkedIn