Department Mgr, Inventory ControlPmh - Distribution Manufacturing & Distribution Indianapolis, Indiana, US
Performance Health is seeking a Dept Manager, Inventory Control to join our team. This role is responsible for analyzing current inventory levels as well as transactions related to the movement or transfer of materials. This role will oversee the cycle count program as well as year-end physical inventory.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Hires, trains, coaches and mentors members of the inventory team
• Provides supervision of 10-25 direct reports
• Manages and oversees cycle count program as well as year end physical inventory
• Monitors all material transactions for assigned area(s)
• Responsible for identifying, resolving, and finding the root cause of discrepancies and other related inventory errors
• Recommends changes that will eliminate or greatly reduce future inaccuracies from reoccurring.
• Compiles and analyzes data related to inventory adjustments
• Provides analysis and recommendations for inventory velocity slotting
• Identifies negative indicators and performs root cause analysis to determine source of issue(s)
• Performs regular component cycle counts as required
• Performs inventory transactions and reporting on customer systems when required
• Interfaces with all departments in the distribution center
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Five plus years of experience working in inventory; preferably within a distribution center
• Three plus years direct supervisory experience
• Ability to operate Windows package: Word, Excel, Outlook
• Experience with computerized inventory record keeping systems such as NetSuite and Manhattan
Performance Health is a leader in consumer healthcare and the largest global manufacturer and distributor of products to the rehabilitation and sports medicine markets. The company’s products are sold to leading healthcare facilities and practitioners such as physical therapists, athletic trainers, and chiropractors, as well as direct to consumers. Its market-leading brands, which are sold in over 100 countries, include Biofreeze®, TheraBand®, TheraPearl®, Cramer®, Sammons Preston®, and Rolyan®. Performance Health is headquartered in the greater Chicago, Illinois area, with significant operations both in the US and internationally.
Performance Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, and any other characteristic protected by law.
Match Your Skills
With one click and a connection to LinkedIn, we can match you with jobs that best match your experience.Connect with LinkedIn