Mgr, ProductionGeneral Plant Management Manufacturing & Distribution Cedarburg, Wisconsin, US
Performance Health is seeking a Production Manager to join our Cedarburg manufacturing team. This role is responsible for site leadership managing all manufacturing operations at the designated facility. This includes overseeing all production and distribution functions to ensure the safe on-time delivery of high-quality products to customers, in a cost-effective manner.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinates production in accordance with policies, principles, and established procedures
- Develops plans for efficient use of materials, machines, and employees
- Develops manpower requirements and sets priorities for production schedules
- Reviews production costs and product quality and modifies production and inventory control programs to maintain and enhance profitable operation
- Recommends and justifies capital projects and purchase of new technology or equipment to improve the facility productivity that align with the business goals
- Manages production & distribution workforce directly and through staff in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws
- Provides strong on-site leadership and direction to ensure/inspire employee engagement and motivation
- Works with EHS to achieve safety metrics and create safety culture
- Achieves proper staffing levels by working closely with planning and purchasing
- Creates a learning atmosphere for the team and develops them accordingly
- Implements and maintains best manufacturing practices
- Develops a continuous improvement culture within and outside of the department
- Ensures the ERP system is leveraged properly to drive production and material requirements for meeting customer delivery dates
- Manages and oversees annual operations planning, budgeting, forecasting, and monthly reporting
- Review daily, weekly and monthly departmental KPI’s and identify corrective actions to meet the KPI’s goals
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering or technical field
- 5-8 years of production management experience
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing/Toyota Production Systems or Six Sigma background is required
- Experience with plastic or other polymer processing is preferred (e.g. injection molding, extrusion, die cutting and waterjet experience).
- Experience in a medical device manufacturing facility or other highly regulated industry (cGMPs, ISO13485/9001, FDA 21 CFR Part 210 & 820) is preferred.
- Experience with engaging and motivating workforce
- Knowledge of OSHA and other safety regulations required; should be able to design and carry out safety programs, including training.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing principles
- Ability to travel 10-25% of the time; including overnight travel
Performance Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, relig
Match Your Skills
With one click and a connection to LinkedIn, we can match you with jobs that best match your experience.Connect with LinkedIn