Quality InspectorQuality Assurance Manufacturing & Distribution Akron, Ohio, US
Our Akron, OH team is seeking a 2nd Shift Quality Inspector that supports Production, Warehouse and other functions to promote continuous improvement to produce the highest level of quality workmanship at a minimum cost. Helps coordinates accurate and timely assessments of activities affecting quality and customer satisfaction.
This position will work 2nd shift: 2pm-10pm Monday through Friday; ability to work until 12am as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Assist in identifying areas of improvement within the organization and drive to completion with by establishing partnership with applicable departments
• Performs receiving, in-process, and final inspections per HPN’s
• Assist appropriate departments in using appropriate quality tools as part of multi-functional team to solve problems identified during quality assurance activities.
• Assist monitoring product performance and institute methods to reduce variability
• Ensure that appropriate testing, measurement, and analytical equipment and methodology is used for quality assessment
• Assist in performing process verification and validation activities according to FDA and all other global regulatory agency requirements
• Analyze non-conformances to determine root cause and monitor corrective actions for effectiveness
• Assist in performing analysis and ensure that timely corrective/preventive action is taken
• Performs other duties as assigned
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 2+ years of related work experience;
• Not required to have but strongly encouraged to gain pertinent certifications through ASQ or any other accredited educational body (CQT)
• Individual should be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Minitab and Outlook
• Able to learn and work Company’s ERP system and other software used in the day to day operation of the site
• Demonstrated basic skills and ability to work and make decisions with direction from Quality Supervisor to the completion of assigned tasks
• Demonstrated working verbal and written communication skills
• Basic understanding of data-driven Quality tools such as SPC, CPK, Gage R & R, and problem solving methodologies (e.g. 8D, 5-Why)
• Basic understanding of regulatory requirements for medical device/drugs, design controls and manufacturing methodologies
• Basic understanding of metrology, calibration, and inspection techniques
• Ability to work independently and in team environments
Performance Health is a leader in consumer healthcare and the largest global manufacturer and distributor of products to the rehabilitation and sports medicine markets. The company’s products are sold to leading healthcare facilities and practitioners such as physical therapists, athletic trainers, and chiropractors, as well as direct to consumers. Its market-leading brands, which are sold in over 100 countries, include Biofreeze®, TheraBand®, TheraPearl®, Cramer®, Sammons Preston®, and Rolyan®. Performance Health is headquartered in the greater Chicago, Illinois area, with significant operations both in the US and internationally.
Performance Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, and any other characteristic protected by law.
Match Your Skills
With one click and a connection to LinkedIn, we can match you with jobs that best match your experience.Connect with LinkedIn