Maintenance TechnicianMaintenance Manufacturing & Distribution Akron, Ohio, US
Performance Health is seeking a Maintenance Technician to join our production team in Akron, OH. This position is responsible for troubleshooting and repairing facility and production equipment by performing the essential job duties.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Maintenance troubleshooting and repairs for plant facility and production equipment
• Responsible for building repairs, lighting, hvac, plumbing and wiring
• Inspect fire pump, emergency lighting and fire extinguishers
• Preventative maintenance for production equipment and facility equipment such as: boiler, chiller and hvac
• Upgrade equipment by engineering and fabricating parts
• Responsible for installing new equipment, light duty wiring and electrical troubleshooting
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 3-5 years of related experience and/or training
• One year certificate from college or technical school preferred
• Knowledge of word processing software and order processing systems
• Ability to lift/move up to 100 pounds with assistance
• Ability to work in a manufacturing environment where frequent exposure to hazardous chemicals, dust, dirt, fumes, extreme heat and cold, wet or humid conditions occurs
Performance Health is a leader in consumer healthcare and the largest global manufacturer and distributor of products to the rehabilitation and sports medicine markets. The company’s products are sold to leading healthcare facilities and practitioners such as physical therapists, athletic trainers, and chiropractors, as well as direct to consumers. Its market-leading brands, which are sold in over 100 countries, include Biofreeze®, TheraBand®, TheraPearl®, Cramer®, Sammons Preston®, and Rolyan®. Performance Health is headquartered in the greater Chicago, Illinois area, with significant operations both in the US and internationally.
Performance Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, and any other characteristic protected by law.
Match Your Skills
With one click and a connection to LinkedIn, we can match you with jobs that best match your experience.Connect with LinkedIn