Distribution Associate IIAkron Warehouse Service Akron, Ohio, US
Performance Health is seeking a Distribution Associate II to join our manufacturing team in Akron, OH. This role is responsible for both shipping and material handling functions including the pulling and stocking of product to the preparation and shipment while maintaining accuracy and timeliness.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
· Achieve all packaging, shipping and picking metric standards
· Understanding and attainment of all product quantities requested and packaging requirements specified by work order
· Correct and notify Shipping Supervisor of any quality issues with product
· Follow all processing specifications outlined in the BOP operating procedure
· Maintain a clean work environment
· Pick product for customer orders, place product in correct staging area and stock warehouse appropriately
· Load/unload incoming/outgoing trucks
· Maintain dock area and put away product that has been check by QA; this includes updating paperwork and notifying Shipping Supervisor of any quality issues with product
· Assemble, weigh and prepare orders for shipment through carrier
· Works with the others to troubleshoot problems or address issues that can get in the way of efficient logistics management
· Communicate and assist with other internal departments such as Manufacturing, QA, Supply Chain and Customer Service departments with order and inventory queries. Works at other locations as needed.
· Wrap and prepare skids for shipment, calling in freight or run package orders through FedEx Ship Manager/UPS Worldship/Vendor Central
· Follow Safety Protocol when signing in carriers
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
· Three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Master Control, ERP Systems, SPS, FedEx Ship Manager, UPS Worldship and Vendor Central.
· Tow motor and pallet jack certification.
· Ability to lift up to and/or move up to 70 pounds.
· Proficient problem-solving, organizing and coordinating skills
· Basic math skills and logical reasoning
Performance Health is a leader in consumer healthcare and the largest global manufacturer and distributor of products to the rehabilitation and sports medicine markets. The company’s products are sold to leading healthcare facilities and practitioners such as physical therapists, athletic trainers, and chiropractors, as well as direct to consumers. Its market-leading brands, which are sold in over 100 countries, include Biofreeze®, TheraBand®, TheraPearl®, Cramer®, Sammons Preston®, and Rolyan®. Performance Health is headquartered in the greater Chicago, Illinois area, with significant operations both in the US and internationally.
Performance Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, and any other characterist
Match Your Skills
With one click and a connection to LinkedIn, we can match you with jobs that best match your experience.Connect with LinkedIn